When you write a blog you can’t help but reveal a bit of yourself in the process but most readers don’t read a blog on a daily basis so they may not pick up the breadcrumbs left among the pages.
The folks at The Broke and the Bookish seek to remedy that situation this week in their weekly Top Ten Tuesday meme. Since I’m a recent player, here are my ten posts written over time that capture hints of who I am. You won’t find even one shade of grey . . . unless you find a book fetish qualifies.
Reading with dogs
I talked it over with one of my reading buddies, and we’ve compiled a list of posts for you to read. He’d like me to mention that reading to dogs is a wonderful thing to do. He’s quite the literary canine.
Posts that reveal a bit of me
- Joy: The Love of Reading Leads to the Joy of Writing
- Hurricane Ike: When life and research collide
- Cautionary tales on taking the self-published route
- In search of a fictional world and those who live in it
- How to make an author’s day: Send them a “fan letter”
- Where have all the well-read writers gone?
- Plan the work, work the plan
- Is writing worth all the hard work?
- The well-read life leads to a well-fed writer
- Why I am reading and rereading the classics
- Armchair BEA: An introduction (bonus)
In the end, I guess the most basic info about me is that I love books, enjoy reading, have a passion for writing, and adore my dogs–all six of them–and, of course, I blog and write online to share those things with my friends and readers.
Share your thoughts below but first check out Waco’s book suggestions for this week:
- How Dogs Think: What the World Looks Like to Them and Why They Act the Way They Do
- Sergeant Rex: The Unbreakable Bond Between a Marine and His Military Working Dog
- The Intelligence of Dogs: A Guide to the Thoughts, Emotions, and Inner Lives of Our Canine Companions
Thanks to the folks at The Broke and The Bookish for Top Ten Tuesday weekly meme and their Top Ten Tuesday image featured above. Ready to read the classics? Join The Classics Club. My 5 year 50+ booklist is here: The Classics Club project. Short story lovers, check out The Short Stories Challenge.
- IMAGE & AFFILIATE CREDITS: Any book covers and titles are affiliate links and sourced via Amazon; Photo of Waco the Wonder Dog copyright Vikk Simmons 2012