Yes, it’s book reading time again and I nearly missed the Dewey Readathon. Luckily I caught one of the posts on Facebook this morning so I’m getting in gear now and starting off with this intro post. This is a 24-hour readathon event.
Why would I jump into the readathon several hours behind with no planning? Well, I can be pretty spontaneous but it also fits with my overall goals of reading more this year coupled with the fact that I really want to finish the book I’m reading. These readathons have proven to be good ways to get back into my reading when I’ve slacked off as I have recently.
Sign up for the current: Dewey’s 24-hour Read-a-thon – OCTOBER 12, 2013
My Dewey 24-Hour Read-a-Thon start-up post
In addition to grabbing a book, I’m also writing answering the following questions:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? – Reading from the Great State of Texas, Houston to be precise.
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? – Big goal is to finish my current read: Walking the Bible: A Journey by Land Through the Five Books of Moses.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? – Well, right now it’s coffee, coffee, coffee.
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! – I’m a writer and have had this blog for 10+ years. Been in love with books my entire life, and I currently live with my 98 year old mom, 7 dogs, and 2 cats. Just started a blog on dogs and I participate in The Classics Club.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? – I’ve participated before but haven’t come in quite this late. I plan to keep my focus tight on a few books to make sure I move forward.